Kilgarvan; former Garda Station:
I am delighted that the former Kilgarvan Garda Station has been handed over by the Office of Public Works to Kilgarvan Community Development for the benefit of the Community. Well done to the Committee for their great work and I was glad to assist them from the start. I wish to thank my Colleague Minister Patrick O’Donovan TD for helping and accepting my invitation to visit the property and meet with the committee recently.
Bonane; Glengarriff road closure:
Over €4 million had been spent by the Government in the last few years on the Kerry side on road improvements. Further safety works are necessary at the tunnels which will necessitate road closure. I know of many locals, teachers, guards, nurses, farmers, tourism operators and businesses who will be hugely inconvenienced during this time. I have been calling upon TII and KCC to ensure that as least disruption as possible to motorists takes place, unfortunately suggestions of working at night time and a single lane of traffic have been ruled out, the 10 week road closure needs to be significantly reduced, further works in the tunnels also need to be completed while on site, extra laybys and signage on alternative routes also needs to be put in place.
1. That KCC please install public toilets in Kilgarvan. Kilgarvans population is increasing and there is a huge volume of passing traffic.
2. As outlined previously Cleady Cross, Kenmare is an extremely dangerous junction. Safety measures need to be put in place.
3. That we call upon the Coast Guard to increase their presence on the Kenmare side of Kenmare Bay.
4. Please give a timeline and process regarding the East Iveragh LAP.
5. That KCC calls upon TII and the Contractors to accommodate traffic on the Bonane Road N70 on a daily basis, the road cannot be closed for long periods.
6. That KCC request Irish Water to put in place measures for the provision of extra water for Kenmare, there are problems with supply at various times.
7. Please request an update on the provision of flood defence and relief measures for Kenmare.
1. That Kerry County Council applies for significant funding from the Dept of Rural Affairs to improve and enhance Kenmare.
2. That KCC please give an update in relation to Tralee Court House.
Always available to assist on 087 2904325
Cllr. Patrick O’Connor-Scarteen